The fourth step of Spiritual Mind Treatment, a process of right thinking, or affirmative prayer, is “Thanksgiving.” Today may very well be the day you are filled with deep gratitude as you begin to feel, sense and know God’s grace is pouring in, through, and as you, bringing about peace of mind. After all, when one lives in a consciousness of this fourth step, there is sure to follow an ever-increasing awareness of visible good. So, “May the Fourth Be with You,” today and always.
Yes, May 4th is a fun time to play on the famous words, “May the Force Be with You,” from the classic movie, Star Wars. In so doing, it may be a blessing, or gentle reminder that there really is a Force for Good operating in the universe, an Eternal Presence, forever whispering, “lo, I AM with thee always.” This Divine Intelligence reflects into our experience the exact image of the issues of the heart.
Ernest Holmes says this about the power of gratitude: “When we speak the words of thanksgiving to the God within, knowing “before they ask will I answer,” there is something in the attitude of thanksgiving that carries us beyond the field of doubt into one of perfect faith and acceptance, receptivity… realization. Appreciation, gratitude and thanksgiving
~ the motive power which attracts and magnifies the hidden potentialities of life.”
As humanity navigates through the balance of this year and looks forward to the newness of the coming days, it is important to have a thankful heart in this present moment. Otherwise, it is easy to become blinded by fear; the false evidence appearing real and inadvertently manifest more of the same. Right now, I am thankful for a good night’s sleep; a beautiful sunset; special friendships, good health; food; shelter; and so much more.
The Force of the fourth is with me now. I prayerfully affirm and give thanks, with great anticipation, for the inevitable fulfillment of my heart’s desires and the desires of all who resonate with these words adapted from Centers for Spiritual Living Global Vision:
• I give thanks for a world in which we live and grow as One Global Family that respects and honors the interconnectedness of all life; a world where this kinship with all life prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience.
• I give thanks for a world where personal responsibility joins with social conscience in every area of the political, corporate, academic, and social sector providing sustainable structures to further the emerging global consciousness.
• I give thanks for a world where each and every person has enough food, a home and a sense of belonging; a world of peace and harmony, enfranchisement, and justice.
• I give thanks for a worldwide culture in which forgiveness is the norm.
• I give thanks for a world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature and love through the resurgence of creativity, art and aesthetics.
• I give thanks for a world that works for everyone and for all creation.
May the Force, operating through the fourth step of Spiritual Mind Treatment, be with you, now and always.
I choose Gratitude as my daily affirmation knowing that all is in Divine Order.
By Mary Jane LaBonte, RScP