“Spirituality means having found the diamond mine inside yourself. Religion is intended to lead you there.”
~ Anthony DeMello ~
The discovery that we are spiritual beings having a human experience is continually and spontaneously being made. This good news is too good to keep to one’s self. It seems the discoverer is compelled to share their awareness and its benefits. They tell about physical, mental, and emotional healing; success; fulfilling relationships; and supply. This one becomes a teacher, pointing the way.
Spiritual teachers often use examples of this life sublime as it relates to science, religion and philosophy. They show how individual life is a testimony to the Truth of Being. The teacher encourages you to practice prayer and meditation; rituals; ceremonies; and other methods that ignite this awareness of truth within you. The teacher points the way.
The illumined consciousness of such a one is inspirational, motivational, and is like an irresistible, creative force. Their words become “a doorway to the infinite” within you. Sometimes it feels as though the teacher is a savior, as their words catapult you into the realm of unlimited possibilities.
“Truth has nothing to do with words. Truth can be likened to the bright moon in the sky. Words, in this case, can be likened to a finger. The finger can point to the moon’s location. However, the finger is not the moon. To look at the moon, it is necessary to gaze beyond the finger, right?”
~ Sixth Patriach Hui Neng ~
In other words, it is your very own consciousness of Truth that sets you free from every sense of limitation. The Apostle Paul said, “Christ in you is your hope of glory.” The teacher points the way.
~ ~ ~ ~
Once the commitment is made to follow a path of harmony, peace, love, joy, and a world that works for everyone; the journey of enlightenment begins. Self-discipline is the motivation to:
• Refrain from judgments about people, places and things based on limited information or limited exposure.
• Abandon the belief in the shifting sands of circumstances.
• Keep an open mind and remain teachable.
• Let more of the Infinite Mind and Love of God be revealed through you.
• Remain anchored in the awareness that God is the One and Only Presence operating in the universe.
• Realize that any perception less than beauty, harmony, wisdom, abundance and all-good is a blurred vision; a position in consciousness that blocks the view of Reality.
• Choose a new position in the Infinite Mind of God that provides a clear point of view.
• Cultivate a consciousness of the Ineffable, Changeless Nature of Spirit.
Life is an upward spiral, always becoming more of Itself. Humanity points the way of that becoming. Let it be on earth as it is in the celestial realms of consciousness as we each take that step through the doorway to the infinite.
“Today I align with Truth and see clearly the way of Good.”
By Judy Hilley